PECOS TRAIL GRANT GUIDELINES
The Texas Pecos Trail Region offers small grants to help fund special projects, events, and programs to promote heritage tourism within the region. These grants are designed to promote public awareness of the history of the Pecos Trail region, encourage community involvement and participation, and enhance the visitor experience.
Annual grant amount per project is $1,000, with applicant providing a 1:1 matching share. Although there is no stated minimum grant, the project must have a substantial cost and be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Types of projects considered:
- Printed materials and publications (e.g., walking/driving tours, travel guides)
- Exhibit development
- Website development
- Interpretive or way-finding signage
- Educational programs for the general public
- Workshops designed to develop or improve heritage tourism
Types of projects NOT considered:
- Bricks and mortar projects, structural improvements, or capital purchases
- Operating (includes salaries and wages), administrative, or maintenance expenses
- Projects that advocate politics or religion
- Projects for individuals
- Projects for groups or entities without offical status or Federal Tax I.D. number
- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6), or government entity
- Project must be within the 22 counties of the Texas Pecos Trail Region (or special cases in which the project is significantly relevant to TPTR)
- Project must be open and accessible to the general public
- Applicant must provide a 1-to-1 matching share (excluding in-kind services)
- Application should be submitted at least three months prior to date of start of project or event date (exceptions made on case-by-case basis)
- Recognition of Texas Pecos Trail Region as a partner or contributor in a press release, including use of the TPTR logo on printed and promotional materials
- Report of project one month before start date and three months following project or event completion
Click the link to download the Application.
Please send application and any supporting documents to:
Melissa Hagins, Texas Pecos Trail Region, P.O. Box 7045, Midland, TX 79708.
For more information or any assistance with the application,
contact Melissa at email@example.com or (432) 262-1927